Fire Damages SACS Western Store in Gonzales, Louisiana

SACS Feed and Western Store, a 47-year-old family business in Gonzales, LA, was damaged by a fire that erupted Sunday evening, February 12. Flames shot out of the roof. A driver called the Fire Department, located only two blocks away.
Gay Robert, daughter of founder and owner Gayle Braud, credits the fast response with containing the fire damage to about the front 20 feet of the building on the right side. By Wednesday, February 15th, according to manager Joey Templet, SACS hopes to be offering feed, hay, and outside equipment for sale. Check the SACS website, http://sacswestern.net , for status on other products and the re-opening date.
SACS Feed and Western Store has been an asset to the livestock and equine industries in South Louisiana by supporting youth activities, 4-H, and rodeo. Customers rely on SACS for everything from feed to tack to the latest styles in cowboy hats and jeans.
According to Assistant Fire Chief Preston Landry, the building sustained approximately $100,000 in damage. Inventory was lost as well.

One Reply to “Fire Damages SACS Western Store in Gonzales, Louisiana”

  1. Gay Robert

    Updates on status of store will be posted on Sacs Facebook page. Currently selling all feed, fertilizer, etc. Also for all the candle lovers, we have Circle E Candles.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *